Looking Back: 2008
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
That's a good question isn't it? Well... I ended up hating a band after I had seen them live because they were rude, I ended up having my dream concert come true, I met one guy I will never forget and hope to get closer to.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make one last year, I usually never do. This year I made one, it was kind of a joke, but I hope it comes true.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep! My cousin did.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year. I know, no travel.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Drive, see more concerts, travel more.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 2 - When I was supposed to see Hedley but there was a massive snow storm.
March 5 - My 24th birthday.
July 26 - Seeing Sloan front row.
August 16 - When Clazz came.
August 30 - Seeing Simple Plan, meeting them, meeting other people, among other things.
September 9 - When the Oasis concert officially got cancelled and my dreams were crushed.
September 20 - Band Blast 2008.
October 25 - Meeting ALL of Sloan & getting a kiss on the cheek from Murph.
October 31 - Seeing Kid Gib again after so many years.
November 29 - Breaching Vista concert.
December 15 - FINALLY seeing Oasis.
December 31 - New Years downtown & seeing great bands, plus a hot guy.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting scared and sad at everything.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Anything bad?
I think I was sick maybe twice... and I know once was really bad.
11. What were the best things you bought?
A crap load of cds, Simple Plan tickets, buying Breaching Vista tickets.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lots of people
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ugh work people.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travelling from Kitchener to London, concerts, buying merch, buying cd's.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing Simple Plan and seeing Oasis, meeting Sloan.
16. What song/s will always remind you of 2008?
Hannah Montana, the sound of rain at the beginning of a certain song, music, Chris Murphy.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Not sure.
iii. richer or poorer? Haha I haven't had a job in 4 months, you tell me.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Been not so shy around a certain guy.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I was at home with my mom.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
One Tree Hill, How I Met Your Mother, Hannah Montana.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?
Sarah Dessen - Lock & Key, any of the Private series by Kate Brian.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Breaching Vista, Faber Drive, Bethany Joy, Joel Plaskett Emergency.
28. What did you want and get?
More cd's and books? I have no idea.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
the Dark Knight, Twilight, HSM 3.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24... but I got a bunch of stuff I wanted.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If some people weren't so stupid.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Cooler looking jeans, a lot of vests, my Converse's a lot, but nice shirts and sweaters.
34. What kept you sane?
Music, my friends.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Pierre Bouvier, Chris Murphy, Mitchel Musso, James Lafferty.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
My family that I don't get to see so much, and my friend who lived out in NB.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I'm not going to say, but its easy to guess.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008
Everything will be okay in the end.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
That would take too long for me to even think of! I liked a crap load of new stuff this year, and older stuff too.
Looking Ahead: 2009
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
I have to do co-op so yes.
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
I am right now.
3. New house?
4. What will you do different in 09?
Go to more concerts, see my friends more.
5. New Years resolution?
6. What will you not be doing in 09?
Getting walked all over.
7. Any trips planned?
I want to go to England in the fall...
8. Wedding plans?
9. Major thing on your calender?
Not a clue, no concerts or anything have come up yet.
10. What can't you wait for?
HARRY POTTER! More concerts.
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
I'm not sure.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
15. Will you dress differently this year then you did in 08?
Probably not, I like how I dress.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
Neither, I don't drink and I don't plan on starting.
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I have the best one I can right now.
18. Will you do philanthropy work?
I hope so.
19. Will you go to bars?
Oddly I had gone this year, but not to drink.
20. Will you be nice to people you don't know?
I have to do it at my job.
21. Do you expect 09 to be a good year for you?
I want it to be.
22. How much did you change from last year to this year?
I hate these kinds of questions.
23. Do you plan on having a child?
It's a little impossible without a boyfriend or a husband.
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
I know I will be.
25. Major lifestyle changes?
There's not one?
26. Will you be moving?
27. What will you make sure doesn't happen in 09 that happened in 2008?
Be deceived by people.
28. What are your New Years Eve plans?
I went out to downtown to celebrate at a concert.
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
30. One wish for 09?
Fall in love.